Groovy bass and big drums anchor an explosive frontman and fiery guitars. The Marwills are a thick, juicy cut of Rock stuffed with the Blues and covered in Grade A Canadian dirt. They make music with serious guts and they sweat while they do it. Their sound conjures smoky blues bars, shady drinking establishments, and the golden age of rock and roll.
5 small-town guys originally hailing from various parts of western Canada, The Marwills have been based out of Toronto for most of the last decade. From windowless dive bars in backwoods New Brunswick, to flatbed trucks in prairie fields, to festival stages in remote B.C. locations, they’ve toured across Canada 8 times and recorded 3 albums in their 7-year career.
The Marwills took a 2019 departure from their usual nationwide tour schedule and brought their most recent album “A Mother’s Worry” on a wildly successful month-long tour of the UK. Keeping the momentum going, they’re busy booking dates at home and abroad for 2020.
“The Marwills have an energy that will immediately catch your eye and pull you to the dance floor. Bluesy licks, catchy tunes, and a very charismatic front man… what more could you ask for?” - Pete Moore, Artistic Director (Edge of the World Music Festival, Haida Gwaii)
"The Marwills - fresh, exciting, talented, exploding with energy and excitement - these guys were a highlight of the festival weekend!" - Marianne Glover (Music Director, Tay Creek Folk Festival)
- Sept -Oct 2019 First international tour in the UK with 17 dates throughout Scotland and England.
- Aug 9th 2019 Headlining slot at Edge Of The World Festival on Haida Gwaii, BC
- July - Sept 2018 Nation wide tour of Canada including over 30 dates.
- June 2018 Released 3rd Full Length Album "A Mother's Worry"
- Sept 2017 Performed at NookFest in Toronto
- July 2017 Recorded 3rd Studio Album
- Jan 12 2017 Performance on CTV Morning Live
- Dec / Jan 16-17 Western Canada tour including 19 shows
- Aug 5-7 2016 One of the headlining acts at Edge of the World Festival , Haida Gwaii
- Dec / Jan 15-16 Western Canada tour including dates in Sarnia, Thunder Bay, Regina, Edmonton and many more
- July 2015 Headlined at Tay Creek Music Festival
as part of Eastern Canada Tour
- Dec./Jan 14-15 Western Canada tour including dates in
Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, & Victoria
- December 2014 Sophomore album release “Facts & Figures”
- March 2013 Debut album "Marwill St." Charted top 25 on
CFBX Radio, Kamloops, BC